What do you believe in? What is important in your life? How do you discover what is worth taking a risk for? What is your mission?
These are weighty questions. You might not have all the answers right now. So how will you decide on what beliefs you will use to guide your life?
- Determine what standards or causes are important to you. Focus on who you want to be and how you want to be known. Be yourself.
- Determine the beliefs that will help guide you. This will look different for each person, but knowing what you believe will give you a foundation for moving forward in life.
- Research and ask questions as you search for what you believe and why. Be open to hearing differing viewpoints. Learn from your experiences to decide what works for you.
- Set goals for yourself. Goals can shift and change over time, so don't lock yourself in. Goals can influence your career path, who you socialize with, and where you live. Good life goals will capitalize on your strengths.
- Don't expect everyone to agree with your views or causes. Because you don't agree with someone doesn't make them wrong, nor does it mean they are your enemy. Just as you don't want others to dictate your beliefs, don't push yours on them.
Take this step by step. It will give you a direction for your life, inspiring and encouraging you.