Happiness is something to be experienced, not something that needs to be created. Everyone is able to feel it, and everyone has the ability to find it in themselves. Since no one in this world is exactly like you, it's up to you to decide what makes YOU happy. While it may be a challenge to find happiness on some days, discovering your happiness makes life more important and meaningful.
Happiness is yours. It can't be given to you and it can't be taken from you. It's bigger than that.
The list below isn't going to give you happiness, but it may help you see it more clearly. Throughout your life you will discover ways to experience happiness more powerfully on your own terms. For today, start here and decide what will help you with your search.
- Know where you've been and have an idea where you're going.
- Understand how important your family is and be willing to work on your relationships.
- Even the best people have bad things happen to them. Be realistic about this and surround yourself with support for when those times happen.
- If you want kindness from someone else, be willing to give it to them first.
- Be responsible, because this is your life; no one else is going to do it for you.
- Be healthy and do things for your body, your brain, and your spirit that make you healthier.
- Appreciate that there are things you can control and things you can't. Focus on what you can control so you don't lose it.
- Try to be honest. Lies lead to more and more lies. Sooner or later you don't know who you are anymore.
- Remember that you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of anyone else.
- Life isn't perfect; you're going to make mistakes. Learn from your mistakes.
Every day is a new beginning, take a deep breath and start again.